Thursday, December 31, 2015

Most Anticipated Releases of 2016

All the things in 2016!
Books and TV and possibly movies because I'm excited for them all guys! Let's get right into it, since we only have a little while left until it's 2016!

Books

Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima


For those of you who don't know, Cinda Williams Chima is one of my favorite authors of all time and her Seven Realms series is one of my favorite series of all time. When I heard she was writing a spin off series with the next generation, I was ecstatic!!! I cannot wait to see what happens next!! Even though the synopsis sounds similar to the original series but with a boy royal and a girl commoner, I'm okay with that because it's Cinda Williams Chima so of course it's going to be awesome!


The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater


This book was supposed to coe out fall 2015. Obviously it didn't. Then it was supposed to come out February 2016. Now it's moved back to April. So it better be the best book ever written because I am tired of waiting and I just want it's gorgeousness in my hands already!!! Even though I don't want the series to be over...


A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas


I loved A Court of Thorns and Roses and the sequel promises to be even better! There are so many interesting threads and directions that the plot can take and I'm super excited to see where they go! Plus, according to Sarah's Instagram, this one is supposedly 622 pages or something like that!!! Something that long has to be incredibly awesome!


Truthwitch by Susan Dennard


Now I wasn't wowed by Susan's other book, but that could just be because I don't really like zombies. I do, however, like witches. And this concept sounds super unique and I've heard nothing but good things, and anyone who's friends with the amazingness that is Sarah J. Maas has to be at least as good. So therefore, I am ready to give this a try!


Passenger by Alexandra Bracken


I loved The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken! I really need to finish that series, but in the meantime, I figured I could read this too because who doesn't want to read about pirates and time travel and quests? The whole premise just sounds fantastic and if Alex Bracken is behind it, then I want in!


Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare


Only Cassandra Clare could leave a cliffhanger for one series at the end of another. City of Heavenly Fire basically set up the premise for The Dark Artifices and it hooked me. This series promises to focus more on the Fae in the Shadowhunter world which should be cool! And I think I heard somewhere that there will be another love triangle, but with two girls and a guy this time so that sounds interesting and different. Cassandra Clare always does love triangles pretty well in my experience, so I don't mind them really from her. 


The Crown by Kiera Cass


This is the last book in the Selection series! I can't believe it's going to be over! I've waited for all the books to come out from 2 til now. I desperately need that cliffhanger at the end of The Heir resolved!!! That was sooo not okay! I NEED TO KNOW.


The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan


This is the first book in a new series called The Trials of Apollo. It's about Apollo after he gets exiled from Olympus by Zeus and becomes a human. And I read a short sample, and there's a PERCY CAMEO!!!!!! That alone sold me, but of course it's also a different concept for Rick so I'm super excited to see how he executes it! 


Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry


I read Nowhere But Here this year, and I really enjoyed it. This is the second book, so we get a familiar character (Razor I believe) and his romantic story. He seemed really interesting so I'm excited to find out more about him. This series is about a biker gang guys and it's super fun!


TV Shows

Downton Abbey on PBS


Season 6 premieres in only a few days!!!! I'm sad that it's the final season, but at the same time, I think the show has run it's course. I absolutely adore this series!! It's a period drama in England in the early 20th century and it follows a wealthy English family and their servants. I love British television and this is one of my favorite shows ever!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC


This returns in 2016 for the second half of Season 3 (I think). I'm a pretty big Marvel fan, but this is one of my favorite things that they do. I love the characters so much and even though the plot is kind of predictable at times, it can also throw you for a loop so it's always super fun to watch! I can't wait to see what trouble the team gets into this time.

Supernatural on CW

Again, this returns in 2016 for the second half of Season 11. The first half was super awesome! It had a really interesting continual plot, as well as a lot of fun experimental sorts of episodes. I have to say, Sparkles was probably my favorite part (if you saw, I'm sure you'll agree with me lol). I really want to see what happens next because there was such a terrible cliffhanger and my poor babies need to be okay!!!!

The Magicians on Syfy

This is a new series debuting January 25th. It's based on the series of the same name by Lev Grossman, which I've recently had my eye on, so this gives me an excuse to read it. I've seen previews and it looks really interesting and different! 


Shadowhunters on Freeform (previously ABC Family)

This is also new, and based on The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. After the movie flopped, the books were given a second chance on TV, and from what I've seen, it looks really promising! The cast seems a lot more fitted to the characters and I'm really excited to see what happens with it! This premieres on January 12th. 


The Shannara Chronicles on MTV

Another new series, based on the Shannara books by Terry Brooks. This is another book series that I've been wanting to read, so I'll have to get to those. This debuts on January 5th. 


Movies

Sherlock: The Abominable Bride


This is Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman playing Sherlock and Watson back in 1895. I just recently started watching Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes show, so I'm interested to see how Cumberbatch carries it out in the same time period. He's such a great actor so I'm sure it will be fantastic as usual.


The 5th Wave


Based on the book of the same name by Rick Yancey. I'm in the middle of reading this, and it's pretty good. Plus I really like Chloe Grace Moretz so I think it'll be another good film for her.


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

I read the book by Ransom Riggs, and it was interesting. I'm really interested to see how it transfers to screen, especially with how central the old photographs are to the novel. Will they recreate the pictures, sort of using them as the basis for visuals? It will definitely be cool to see how Tim Burton does it.


The Jungle Book


Disney is making a live-action The Jungle Book!! How cool is that?! Bill Murray is Baloo, so you know he's gonna be fantastic! I must say I'm really liking this push by Disney to remake their animated classics as live-action films. I think they're going pretty well. 


Captain America: Civil War

Captain America is my all-time favorite superhero! And Chris Evans is adorable and it's such a great combination!! And this one is all about Steve and Bucky (Sebastian Stan who I also love) and I just cannot wait! The previews almost made me cry with that part with Steve and Bucky and Tony and Tony saying about how he thought he was Steve's friend too or whatever and oh my gosh I can't even deal I just need it now!!!!!


Alice Through the Looking Glass

I really enjoyed the first one, so I want to see this one too!! Johnny Depp and Anne Hathaway were super awesome in it! I really want to see more futterwacken...


Now You See Me 2

If you didn't know, Now You See Me is about these stage magicians and heists and it's mind-blowingly awesome! I loved every second of it! And the ending was so wide open so I really want to see what happens next! Especially with that plot twist like whoa.


Finding Dory

Need I say more?


Doctor Strange

Benedict Cumberbatch takes on the Marvel Universe? Yes please! Plus there's magic. It just sounds totally awesome.


Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

It's Harry Potter related so yeah I want to see it. Plus the actors are wonderful. I mean, it's J.K. Rowling, how can you go wrong?


Moana

Newest edition to the Disney Princesses. It's just one of those movies you have to see.


Well that was way longer than I thought it would be...oh well I had a ton of fun writing it so it's all good! 

What are your most anticipated releases of 2016? Any recommendations for me to watch out for? Let me know in the comments.


1 comment:

  1. AHH THIS POST IS SO FULL OF AWESOME I MIGHT JUST EXPLODE. Like I need all of these. Now. *dashes off to invent time machine* Basically yes yes yesss to Supernatural (I've only started a few episodes of S11? But the "Baby" episode is probably just my FAVOURITE ONE OF EVER. I'm actually procrastinating because my feels can't take it. xD) And I want to try the Shannara Chronicles because they look delightfully epic. Also Shadowhunters OF COURSE. Which leads me to being desperate for Lady Midnight. ;D
    AND THE RAVEN KING ADFJKALSD I LOVE THE RAVEN BOYS I NEED THE KING I NEED IT NOW. It's been pushed back so. so. much. AGHHHHH. But I know it's going to be perfect so I'm actually not too worried. (Unless everything I love dies. Then I will be worried. Probably even shed 9 tears of anguish while I collapse in despair. #notatalldramatic)
    And I still have to finish the Demon King series (I only discovered them last year!) but I'm already excited for Flamecaster because this author is AMAZING. ;D

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete